Friday, March 13, 2009

Planning For June's Jamboree

Sorry it has been so long since I last posted...school has started and is keeping me incredibly busy.  I have been having genealogy withdrawls and I must admit that I can't wait until I have more time for it.

But I've been planning for the Jamboree Genealogy Conference in Burbank, CA.  The lecture schedule has been released and I've been planning away on where I'll be for every hour.

I've also decided to create little business cards with my email, blog, family website, and some of my major surnames and locations on there....okay maybe not all that information since I don't think it'll fit.  But I'll certainly make an effort.  I can then pass the cards out and network with other genealogists hopefully.

I am so excited for this genealogy conference, partly because it is my very first conference but mostly because I can meet people and have an awesome learning experience.  I am so excited to network and meet other genealogists!

3 comments:

GrannyPam said...

The cards sound like a good idea to me. Print your main website (everything is linked, right?). Is putting that and your surnames on the back feasible? If so, you can hold the front to your contact information.

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

I highly recommend you make some cards. They're great for networking and you never know who you might meet!

I bought a cheap-o business card design CD and created a 2-sided layout.

My business cards have name, address, phone and email on the front. On the back are my major surnames, blog address and my Chickasaw affiliation.

Let me know if you want to see an example. Email acoffin at gmail.

Steve Danko said...

I hopw you'll come to the Blogger's Summit at Jamboree and introduce yourself! I look forward to meeting you!

Steve