Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The 2008 Genea-Blogger Games!

I want to let you all know that I will be competing in the Genea-Blogger's Facebook Group's 2008 Genea-Blogger Group Games!!

Yay!

Alrighty...so the areas I wish to compete in are the Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness, Organize Your Research, Back Up Your Data, and possibly Cite Your Sources (We'll see how much time I have...)

I really believe in helping other genealogists in need so I will definitely do that. I will probably be commenting on a few blogs so...all of Genea-Bloggers look out - some comments are coming your way.

I really want to do Organize Your Research because ever since I started re-doing my research and making sure everything is accurately sourced, I've noticed that I've gotten behind on my filing. So that will definitely be taking place.

I want to do Cite Your Sources because we all could use a little practice on that. Practice makes perfect!!

[EDIT: I just realized that I cannot start participating until Friday, Aug 8 - the day the Olympics start - it makes sense!]
Alrighty...so my tally for today is:
Category: Back Up Your Data!
Task: C - Back up your data using a flashdrive.
Comments: I was a good girl!! I backed up my pictures onto my flashdrive along with my Gedcom.

Alrighty so if you are curious about what in the world I am talking about you can go and visit http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=33129285258 and it will give you all the details!

1 comments:

Ruth said...

Hi Elyse!
Great to have you onboard and...Let the Games begin!

P. S. You can't actually start on your events until Friday :)