Friday, January 8, 2010

Follow Friday - January 8th, 2010

I have never participated in Follow Friday before. I think that this can be a valuable way for the Geneablogging community to get to support one another and gives a chance for readers to learn more information.

Here are my suggestions for this week:

  • The Armchair Genealogist: I always learn so many useful tips from this blog. The title is wonderful and I definitely consider myself an Armchair Genealogist.
  • We Tree by Amy Coffin: Amy is a very talented genealogist. Her blog is very well written, humorous, and always educational. I'm expecting to "experience" the Family History Expos in Mesa, Arizona through her posts. Also, her 52 Weeks To Better Genealog series is going to be a fun learning experience to participate in.
  • The Educated Genealogist is another wonderful blog. It is always so full of humor and creativity. I love how practical she is when it comes to researching her ancestors and I learn a lot from her methods.
  • BONUS: Okay, this last blog that I will suggest is not a genealogy blog. Instead, it focuses on creating and maintaining a blog. I know a lot of people probably made a New Years Resolution to start a blog, and this is the perfect resource for any blogger. So check out Problogger for all of your blogging needs.
I encourage you to check out these blogs. If you enjoy what you see, then please subscribe to them or leave them a comment. Geneabloggers always appreciate the love.

4 comments:

Sheri Fenley said...

Elyse Dahling! I had no idea you read my blog. Thank you so much for leading the masses to my blog! By the way, at the board meeting for the San Joaquin Genealogical Society last week, one of the ladies brought the CGS magazine and simply gushed over the article you did for them. Great job Elyse!

Elyse said...

Sheri -
Of course I do! I've been reading your blog for a while, more so since the Jamboree last year!

Thank you about the CGS magazine. It is a huge honor to have my work written in that magazine.

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Hey, thanks for the mention! Now you have put the pressure on me to out out some good info on the Mesa Family History Expo. I hope I make the grade. :)

Lynn said...

Thanks Elyse for the shout out! I'm a regular follower of your's as well.