Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Genealogy Reading List

As part of Amy Coffin of the We Tree blog is challenging bloggers one week at a time in her 52 Weeks to Better Genealogy. Each week, a new blogging prompt will be given that will help sharpen our genealogy skills.

Challenge #1 says: "Go to your local public library branch. Make a note of the genealogy books in the collection that may help you gain research knowledge. Don’t forget to check the shelves in both the non-fiction section and the reference section. If you do not already have a library card, take the time to get one. If you have a genealogy blog, write about what you find in your library’s genealogy collection."

Here are the books that I am planning on checking out:

I am so excited to head to the library on Monday or Tuesday to check these books out. All of these books are thankfully in stock at my local library.

Note: I have a store on Amazon.com in which I recieve a small percentage of the sale when you buy something from Amazon by clicking through my links. I am not trying to push you to buy these books. But if you are going to buy these books anyway, then why not do it through the links provided on this blog. You pay the same price as if you had bought it by going straight to Amazon.com.

Disclaimer: None of the authors of these books have asked me to promote their books. In fact, I haven't even promote their books. I haven't met any of the authors (with the exception of Drew Smith).read these books yet - so I cannot provide a review. None of the authors have paid me or given me any products to promote their books.

1 comments:

Ginger Smith said...

Wow, that's great that your local library has these books in stock. I have put them on my local library's wish list.